Fun Facts About Dr. Ava
- Dr. Ava was born in Israel and understands Hebrew! She LOVES to cook Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Dr. Ava is gluten free. She makes a lot of GF foods herself, including home-made almond butter, granola and breads!
- Dr. Ava completed her undergraduate studies at Adelphi University, majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry. She also met her husband, Joseph, while studying at Adelphi.
- Dr. Ava used to be a goalie for her youth soccer travel team, and she was also a soccer referee for the little ones in the soccer club.
- Dr. Ava had a palate expander, braces, and an impacted canine when she was a teenager. She vividly remembers the experience as a positive one that she can share with her patients.
- Dr. Ava’s passion for giving back to the community began when she was a child. She was heavily involved in the Key Club and Circle K throughout high school and college, volunteering at soup kitchens, blood drives, and fund-raising for many worthy local causes.
- Dr. Ava LOVES being an orthodontist! She voluntarily became Board Certified as an additional step after graduating from Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine’s three-year Orthodontic Residency program. Dr. Ava enjoys making her patients feel comfortable, watching them grow and helping to boost their confidence, one smile at a time!
If you are interested in straightening your teeth with Dr. Ava, please call the office at (516) 253-1016 to set up a Complimentary Consultation visit.